Have you ever wished you could meet a successful entrepreneur or CEO and just chat over coffee? Sincerely, this book is just what you need. The book is a compilation of interviews with over hundred successful women. While each woman’s story is unique, their messages are universal. The author’s goal is to provide relatable and motivating examples of all kinds of women running their own businesses, so that any woman, anywhere, can open to any page and see herself reflected.
On Starting Out & Taking the First step
- Your first step is just that: the first of many steps. There would be more decisions and opportunities to make a shift should you need to do so.
- Jump in! Being a little uncomfortable is part of the business.
- Don’t wait for anyone to hand you a million dollars- just put yourself out there however you can.
- Success is seeing how badly you can fail and still love yourself regardless.
- If you can touch all points of your life in varying intensities then you are successful.
- Being able to match your passion with a deep sense of purpose.
- Success is the legacy you leave behind after you are gone from this earth.
- The ability to work towards your dreams while being appreciative of where you are presently.
- Operating without fear of the scarcity of time, recognition, resources or money.
- Success occurs when preparation meets opportunity.
- Your success and failure are completely in your hands with every minute decision.
- There is no formula for success- you just begin then you continue.
- Measure success in terms of happiness.
- It takes 10 years to be an overnight success.
- Be consistent. Don’t be tempted to hang the ‘gone fishing’ sign. Keep at it.
- Winners are losers who got back up.
- You have to push through; everything comes to an end eventually.
- The days will be long but the years will be short.
- Having patience means being at peace with the time it takes to do something right and to the fullest.
- It’s all trial and error, isn’t it?
- All mistakes teach us something, so in reality, there are no mistakes at all. Just things we learn.
- You will make mistakes… learn from your lessons.
- If you aren’t making mistakes or changing, then you are stagnating.
- Mistakes are an essential part of the process.
In moments of self-doubts and adversity
- Think about all the mentors, friends and colleagues who have worked, achieved, survived and thrived, then take inspiration from their stories.
- Give yourself a moment… seek answers…get help.
- Keep moving forward. One step informs the next. For better or worse.
- Get quiet, meditate and ask yourself what you need to learn.
- Find a mentor.
- Hire professionals to do the things you are not good at.
- Grow organically. Do not get ahead of yourself.
- Work smarter, not harder.
- Be authentic. Own your own style. Don’t ever think you need to change who you are to be successful.
- Take business classes.
- Bills do not get paid on dreams.
- Create a no asshole policy.
- No is powerful. When you can say no, you have worth.
- Never burn bridges.
- Lead with love.
- Think more about service than self.
- Do whatever makes life worth living- but don’t be mean.
- There is more to life than work. Do not neglect to nurture a counterbalance.
- Who says you can’t do it?
- No one knows what you are capable of except you.
- Trust in your vision & instincts and do not be afraid of taking risks.
- Read, read and read again.
- You are more than the worst thing you have ever done.
- Never listen to ‘it shouldn’t or couldn’t be done’.
- If you aren’t willing to invest in yourself, why should someone else? Don’t be cheap in investing in yourself and your goals.
Which is your favourite? Which one speaks to your very core?
Let me know in the comment section.
If you’d love to read the whole book, Hit me up here.
Do not forget to like, share and comment. xoxoxo
❤ from my heart to yours